Welcome!

Hey guys!

Anyone wondering what JC stands for? If you're thinking what I'm thinking, you are correct. That's right! Jesus Christ. (Please, don't roll your eyes at me.) Yeah, I know what you're thinking: Oh, no! Not another Jesus FREAK! Well, I hate to disappoint you, but I am a believer, Christian, and even a Jesus FrEaK (If that's what you want to label me as, that's o.k. by me.) But the main reason why I've decided to start this blog, is not only to proclaim my love for Jesus, but to explain the many reasons behind my love for Him. I believe that by doing so, my audience, (you guys), may be more receptive to what I have to say about Him.

In addition to that, I would like to give you a little inside scoop on who He REALLY is. I am aware that He has been misrepresented by many. As a result, many misconceptions, preconceived notions, and stereotypical beliefs have been formed about Him. Many are skeptical. Others believe God is a superstition. And still others, believe that the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ is nothing more than a folkloric tale; told from generation to generation. But what if it's not? What if He's real and alive? Sitting at right hand of God, eager to be allowed into your heart? Eager to show you His love, compassion, mercy, and grace? Eager to bring you hope, salvation, and forgiveness? What if these are not just empty words, recited from generation to generation. What if these words are full of life-giving truth?

What then?


Think about it.


Saturday, March 27, 2010

Grateful, Grateful, Grateful...Nothing But Eternally Grateful for the Gift of Salvation!

Pardon my randomness...but suddenly, I feel the need to verbalize just how grateful I am for all the wonderful things the Lord has done for me.

As humans in the flesh, we often tend to focus on the things that we think could use some improvement in our lives; in our circumstances. (I'm no different.) And often, by doing so, we forget to take note and be thankful for the many things that we do have. But here's the thing: We are so used to having them, that more often than not, we take them for granted. We don't fully give them the appreciation that they deserve. Take me for instance: 

I have two wonderful parents-who are not without faults-but have done their best to raise me and my younger sister. They have worked very hard to provide for us, to give us an education, and to prepare us for life in the real world; (granted there are some concepts and important life lessons, that only life itself can teach us.) They have also instilled in us a sense of responsibility, a work ethic, and a set of moral values and principles that can only lead to good things in the future; (that is, if we choose to continue following them.) They've introduced us to the world. They taught us to walk, to speak, to eat, to dress ourselves, and even to tie our shoes. But most importantly, they introduced us to the Christian faith. And yet, I don't always show or verbalize my appreciation from them; (that is, my parents, and their commitment to introducing me to, and guiding me in the Christian faith. So, consider this an attempt at redeeming myself. (Better late than never, right?)

That being said, in all honesty, I must confess: As a kid, I didn't think much of it. For me it was just about going to a building every Sunday, singing a few hymns, and making my parents happy. I even went through a period of skepticism and unbelief during my early teenage years. It took me a while to see the truth, believe it, receive Jesus as my Lord and Savior, and truly begin my journey as a genuinely committed Christian. I was saved by God's grace. Washed clean and purified by the blood of Jesus Christ. And I received it by faith. But I cannot neglect to mention the role of two lovingly concerned parents, who guided us in truth during our formative years. So, I give the Lord glory for them; for their lives. For guiding us in truth. And for building such a strong and solid foundation for the development of our individual lives.

That is not to say that we "inherited" salvation from our parents. The choice to receive the gift of salvation is an individual one. Each and everyone of us-as individuals-must make the choice of whether or not to receive it. It's not something that can be inherited. Receiving salvation is a personal and individual choice. And I thank the Lord God for giving me faith, and conviction of the truth, through  the power of His precious Holy Spirit. And I pray that you will too. For it's because of the hope, strength and salvation that I have in Jesus Christ, that I am alive today. I realize that may sound a little extreme. But if it weren't for God's grace, I don't know where I would be today. 
He literally revived my spirit and healed my soul. He renewed my strength, and gave me life anew. No one can give the reassurance and the security that I have in Jesus Christ. No amount of money can buy it. No one can love me with the strength, the depth, the height, and the width that He does! (Hallelujah!) Absolutely no one! And that same insurmountable love, is available to you as well! In fact, the main reason I have been writing these blog  posts, is because I want to share with you-the reader-the same hope, love, and strength that I've been given; by God's grace, and through Jesus Christ! 

Lastly-as I close by  thanking the Lord for all that He has done for, and through me-I would like to leave you with some food for thought in regards to Salvation, in the form of a poem. So, here it is: 

It's real. It's true!
And it's available to me, and to you.
Would you please receive these words of truth?

Only then will you find hope, strength, and life anew.
Remember: Jesus went to that wooden cross for you!
He loves you! He cares for You! He made you! He knows you!
And He wants to give you life anew!

Now, it is up to you.
Please receive Him;
Will you?

(P.S.: I'm also thankful for the opportunity to share such wonderful news with You! And it is my heartfelt prayer to the Father in Heaven, that you will receive it too!)

It is in Jesus' name that I pray,
Amen & Amen!

All glory, honor, and praise be to God!
Both now, and Forever!
Amen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment