Welcome!

Hey guys!

Anyone wondering what JC stands for? If you're thinking what I'm thinking, you are correct. That's right! Jesus Christ. (Please, don't roll your eyes at me.) Yeah, I know what you're thinking: Oh, no! Not another Jesus FREAK! Well, I hate to disappoint you, but I am a believer, Christian, and even a Jesus FrEaK (If that's what you want to label me as, that's o.k. by me.) But the main reason why I've decided to start this blog, is not only to proclaim my love for Jesus, but to explain the many reasons behind my love for Him. I believe that by doing so, my audience, (you guys), may be more receptive to what I have to say about Him.

In addition to that, I would like to give you a little inside scoop on who He REALLY is. I am aware that He has been misrepresented by many. As a result, many misconceptions, preconceived notions, and stereotypical beliefs have been formed about Him. Many are skeptical. Others believe God is a superstition. And still others, believe that the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ is nothing more than a folkloric tale; told from generation to generation. But what if it's not? What if He's real and alive? Sitting at right hand of God, eager to be allowed into your heart? Eager to show you His love, compassion, mercy, and grace? Eager to bring you hope, salvation, and forgiveness? What if these are not just empty words, recited from generation to generation. What if these words are full of life-giving truth?

What then?


Think about it.


Friday, February 19, 2010

Me, Myself & I

Anyone feeling slightly egocentric today? Well, we may not realize it, but nearly 95% of our daily activities-that is, the things we do, the things we say, and even our "plans" for the future-are based on one thing and one thing only: Personal interest; (to put it mildly). But if we were to find another synonym for it, the only word that comes to mind would be (brace yourselves): Selfishness. Yes, I know it sounds heavy and harsh; but the truth is, we ALL have some level of selfishness in us. No one escapes. No human being can claim with 100% of certainty, that he/she is completely selfless. So, in essence, we're all in the same boat. Therefore, we have no right to play the "Who's more selfish" game, by pointing the finger at one another. (And that is not my intention by the way.) However, that does not automatically give us the right to keep acting selfishly. I have heard the following sentence many times before, and I think it applies perfectly to the topic at hand; (but you are free to draw your own conclusion): "But everyone else does it!" You see, when we, as individuals, resort to such a phrase as a defense mechanism to justify our wrongful actions, we indirectly prove our selfish nature even further. "How so?"-you may ask; allow me to explain:

The fact of the matter is, we're so desperately seeking to have things done our way, pursuing our own interests, that we would do just about anything to rationalize our behavior; even if it means resorting to such a tired expression as the one mentioned above. In other words, according to the "Law of Rationalized Selfishness," (that is an actual law; it is just being used for the illustration, and explanation of a concept) for as long as one manages to rationalize his/her behavior, it is perfectly acceptable to act selfishly. Now, you tell me: Is this "Law of Rationalized Selfishness"-which we all have resorted to at some point in our lives-even rational at all....? Sadly, that is the law by which the world lives.

We can see signs of selfishness all around us. Everywhere we go. We see it in promotional campaign ads, magazines, etc. Here are some examples: "Say hello to the new YOU! buy such and such product," "Pamper YOURSELF, buy this and that," "When you come to our store, it is all about YOU," We are here to tend to YOUR NEEDS" or "IT IS YOUR DAY! Don't let ANYTHING get in the way!," and so on and so forth. The fact is, the media that surrounds us, has picked up on the fact, that we have selfish tendencies; and they feed on such tendencies, for their our selfish purposes. That is, for us-consumers-to buy THEIR products, so that THEY can become as wealthy as possible. You see the vicious cycle going on here?

Now, with that in mind, let's talk about the subject of selfishness as it applies to the church of Jesus Christ. Please bear with me and pay close attention to what is about to be said. I say it with love in Christ Jesus for my brothers and sisters, and fear and trembling before the Lord my God. May your ears be open to hear, and your hearts be open to receive it, and act upon it. We too have fallen into the trap of selfishness. Unfortunately, a great number of people within the church today, have forgotten what it is like to love and serve one another in gladness. We have become way too busy dealing with our own personal day-to-day lives, to stretch out a hand to someone in need. To intercede for someone in prayer without expecting anything in return. To encourage someone who is dismayed with loving tenderness and uplifting words. To strengthen our brothers and sisters in their faith. To mentor and guide those who have been recently saved by Jesus Christ. To stop competing against each other, and start cooperating with one another. In short, many of us have forgotten to apply the meaning of the word SELFLESSNESS (Self-Less-Ness) in our lives and in our Christian walk.

Remember this: If the church of Jesus Christ doesn't stop fighting, competing, and bickering within itself, it will never be able to stand firm, and light the darkness of the world with the light of Jesus Christ.

Since I'm no better than any of you, (in fact, I'm the worst of sinners), let me be the first to say this: Forgive me Lord for the times I've acted selfishly towards my brothers and sisters-be that through thought, spoken words, deed(s), or the lack thereof. Father God, please help me and teach me to serve You and my brothers and sisters selflessly and in gladness of the heart. Let us be one in Christ Jesus, united for His glory. Let us love one another as we love ourselves, and let us do unto others as we would have them do unto us. Let us put the needs of others before our very own; thus, glorifying the name of the Lord our God, and displaying true and genuine love for one another in Jesus Christ.

It is also my prayer that my brothers and sisters would would join me in agreement with such a request in truth; from the very bottom of their hearts. So that we may be indeed, united as one in Jesus Christ.

It is in Jesus' Holy Name that I pray,

Amen & Amen!

Allow me to leave you with some food for thought extracted from the Scriptures (New Living Translation of the Bible):

"Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." (Matthew 7:12)

"Don't be selfish; don't try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. Don't look out for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too." (Philippians 1: 3-4)

"Then Jesus said to His disciples, 'If you want to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross, and follow me." (Matthew 16:24)


All glory be to Jesus!
Both now, and forever!
Amen! 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment