Welcome!

Hey guys!

Anyone wondering what JC stands for? If you're thinking what I'm thinking, you are correct. That's right! Jesus Christ. (Please, don't roll your eyes at me.) Yeah, I know what you're thinking: Oh, no! Not another Jesus FREAK! Well, I hate to disappoint you, but I am a believer, Christian, and even a Jesus FrEaK (If that's what you want to label me as, that's o.k. by me.) But the main reason why I've decided to start this blog, is not only to proclaim my love for Jesus, but to explain the many reasons behind my love for Him. I believe that by doing so, my audience, (you guys), may be more receptive to what I have to say about Him.

In addition to that, I would like to give you a little inside scoop on who He REALLY is. I am aware that He has been misrepresented by many. As a result, many misconceptions, preconceived notions, and stereotypical beliefs have been formed about Him. Many are skeptical. Others believe God is a superstition. And still others, believe that the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ is nothing more than a folkloric tale; told from generation to generation. But what if it's not? What if He's real and alive? Sitting at right hand of God, eager to be allowed into your heart? Eager to show you His love, compassion, mercy, and grace? Eager to bring you hope, salvation, and forgiveness? What if these are not just empty words, recited from generation to generation. What if these words are full of life-giving truth?

What then?


Think about it.


Friday, February 12, 2010

Jesus to the Rescue!

What to do when haunting memories of the past try to take away your peace? When the very things you wish to forget, suddenly resurface? They try to take over your thoughts, and make their way into your heart again. Well, I don't know about you, but I have stopped trying to battled it alone; because I have come to find, I am not strong enough to do this own my own. And the good news is, I don't have to be. Jesus is there for me, (and for you too.) So, what do I do? I cry out to Jesus! I cling to Him as tightly as I possibly can, and rebuke these unpleasant memories in His name! And you know what? It works! (not that I wasn't expecting to). But what still amazes me, is how fast it works: INSTANTLY! I'm not just saying this for dramatic effect. It REALLY DOES WORK, INSTANTLY! The power in the name of JESUS is beyond what anyone can possibly imagine; it is indescribable, and unlimited. Nothing is impossible, as far as Jesus is concerned. Nothing is too complicated for Him to solve. No pain is too deep for Him to heal. No circumstance is too dire for Him to intervene in. All you and I have to do here, is BELIEVE!

Now let me pause here for a second, and say that my intention is not to "down-play" anyone's pain or suffering; because I can certainly relate to such feelings. But my purpose in writing this particular blog post, is tell you-the reader-that there is indeed, hope in JESUS CHRIST. In fact, not only is there hope, but there's power in His name; there's refuge in His presence. And you will find strength and rest in His Word.

Chances are you have probably heard some of this before at some point in your life. But you never really took it to heart. You never truly believed that this could actually be applied in your life; in your situation; in your circumstance. Well, guess what? It can! These aren't just empty words...they come from the heart of someone who's well acquainted with pain, suffering, and adverse circumstances-me. However, I don't consider these words to be my own. As a matter of fact, they are not. I believe they are inspired by the Holy Spirit of God, to minister words of encouragement to those who have no hope left. To those who are broken and ashamed. To those who are weak. To those who are weary. To those who have given up. Believe me, I was there once. Not long ago. But I will never forget, the day that Jesus came to my rescue, and changed my life forever! The change(s) did not happen all at once. It (they) was (were) gradual; but real!

I know you may be skeptical at first; (like I was). But once you take that leap of faith into the arms of Jesus, you will never be the same again! And you will never want to take refuge in anyone else but Him; for He knows you better than you know yourself. He knows your pain. He understands your suffering. He's not oblivious or indifferent to it. He cares about you! He loves you! He wants to take care of you, and heal your wounds. He wants to give you hope anew. He wants to give you a future! A promising future! No wound is too small, or too great for Him to heal. Nobody's  life is beyond repair for Jesus.  No "black hole" is too deep for Him to reach into. All you have to do, is grab a hold of His stretched out hand, and let Him take over from that point on. I can assure you, you will not regret it. And your life will be changed forever!

Allow me to conclude by saying this: I don't claim to be an expert in any subject matter; (let alone this one!). I don't have a theology degree, and I am not a pastor. I have an infinite amount of ground to cover as far as God's Word is concerned, and I am not a religious person. I am however, a person who's been truly transformed by the love and grace of God. Someone who's eager to share with others the same message of love, hope, and salvation that she has heard, and by God's grace, and for His glory, has applied to her own life. A message that is not simply another message among messages. It is THE MESSAGE-the One and Only TRUE MESSAGE. The LIVING MESSAGE. The LIFE-CHANGING MESSAGE. THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST. But remember: It goes beyond just hearing the Gospel and accepting Jesus as your Lord and Savior; that is just the beginning. (Don't get me wrong, it's a wonderful beginning!). But only as you become acquainted with God's word, and begin applying it into your own life, will you experience its life-changing content. 

Recall: The Word  is the key to life, and life abundantly! But only if you put its content into practice.


Here's another analogy for you:

The troubleshooting tips within a manual, are only effective, if you carefully follow its instructions; thus, putting them into practice.    

Think about it, act upon it!  

All glory, honor, and praise be to God! 

Forever & Always!

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment