Welcome!

Hey guys!

Anyone wondering what JC stands for? If you're thinking what I'm thinking, you are correct. That's right! Jesus Christ. (Please, don't roll your eyes at me.) Yeah, I know what you're thinking: Oh, no! Not another Jesus FREAK! Well, I hate to disappoint you, but I am a believer, Christian, and even a Jesus FrEaK (If that's what you want to label me as, that's o.k. by me.) But the main reason why I've decided to start this blog, is not only to proclaim my love for Jesus, but to explain the many reasons behind my love for Him. I believe that by doing so, my audience, (you guys), may be more receptive to what I have to say about Him.

In addition to that, I would like to give you a little inside scoop on who He REALLY is. I am aware that He has been misrepresented by many. As a result, many misconceptions, preconceived notions, and stereotypical beliefs have been formed about Him. Many are skeptical. Others believe God is a superstition. And still others, believe that the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ is nothing more than a folkloric tale; told from generation to generation. But what if it's not? What if He's real and alive? Sitting at right hand of God, eager to be allowed into your heart? Eager to show you His love, compassion, mercy, and grace? Eager to bring you hope, salvation, and forgiveness? What if these are not just empty words, recited from generation to generation. What if these words are full of life-giving truth?

What then?


Think about it.


Monday, December 14, 2009

Christianity = Lifestyle (Part I)


I have encountered many people throughout the course of my life so far, who acquaint Christianity with religion. I personally believe that Christianity is much more than just a religion; it is a LIFESTYLE!

Religion nowadays has a very negative connotation. Unfortunately, Jesus Christ has been misrepresented. Many have used religion as a label to hide behind, in order to get away with things that God himself, would never approve of. Such as genocides, suicide bombings, and so on. Therefore, those who do not know Christ for who he truly is, are led astray, or remain skeptical; because they associate such acts of cruelty and injustice, performed by "religious" people, with the character of Christ. And NOTHING COULD BE FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH!

Christ is loving and kind, merciful and compassionate. He's full of grace. He's always ready to forgive, eager to save, redeem, restore, and heal his creation. He wants nothing more than for us to come to him and receive the gift of salvation with open hearts and open minds. Such a gift, is given to us by God's grace, and received by faith in Christ Jesus.

Still, there are many who are resistant to believe, and to receive such gift of salvation, due to the fact, that they may have witnessed hypocrisy within the church. As a result, they may generalize and assume that all Christians are hypocrites. While I must admit that there are some who claim to be Christians, (and are anything but), there are also those who genuinely love God. They strive to lead a life that pleases Him, and are eager to share the Good News with others. Not because they want to show off or anything of that nature; but because they want to share the freedom that comes from knowing Jesus Christ. Yes, you read right: FREEDOM.

A few years back, before I accepted Christ's sacrifice on the cross for me, (and for you), the last word that would have crossed into my mind when I thought about Jesus or Christianity would have been: freedom. You see, I was raised in a christian home. My parents were Christians, and as a child, I attended a very conservative Christian church. There were many rules to be followed: Men and women sat across from one another; in separate sections of the building. Women could not cut their hair, and had to wear long skirts in service. They could not wear pants. The list goes on, and on. Therefore, in my mind Christianity was full of restrictions, full of religiosity. To me God was a very distant God. Someone way up in heaven, observing me, keeping track of my many sins, and of the many times I had failed. But I was
VERY, VERY WRONG about Him.

In time, I learned that God was not, and is not distant at all. He knows me better than I know know myself, He loves me, He cares for me, He forgives me, and He understands me. He knows my pain and understands my suffering. He's not indifferent to it. He gives me grace to get through it. He comforts me, and encourages me. He gives me strength to carry on, and faith to believe. He hears my prayers attentively. My name is written on the palm of His hand. He never forgets about me. His plans for my life go beyond my wildest dreams. He's my best friend. He's the Rock on which I stand.

And He loves you too. He cares for you. He's not distant or far away. He sees all that you do and everything you go through each and every day. But you have a choice to make: You can either choose to go through life alone, trying to make it on your own, or you can allow Jesus into your life. First, by believing in your heart, that Jesus is the Son of God-who came to earth to earth to pay the ransom for our sins on the cross-and then, by repenting of them and asking for forgiveness. Once those steps are taken, you will embark on a new, exciting, and adventurous journey. You'll begin your walk with Christ. This marks the beginning of a gradual transformation from the inside out. As a new-born Christian, your mindset will be gradually transformed by the Holy Spirit of God; who dwells within the hearts of those who have been saved, and adopted as God's children, through Christ Jesus.

All Glory to God Forever & Ever!

Amen

To be Continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment