Welcome!

Hey guys!

Anyone wondering what JC stands for? If you're thinking what I'm thinking, you are correct. That's right! Jesus Christ. (Please, don't roll your eyes at me.) Yeah, I know what you're thinking: Oh, no! Not another Jesus FREAK! Well, I hate to disappoint you, but I am a believer, Christian, and even a Jesus FrEaK (If that's what you want to label me as, that's o.k. by me.) But the main reason why I've decided to start this blog, is not only to proclaim my love for Jesus, but to explain the many reasons behind my love for Him. I believe that by doing so, my audience, (you guys), may be more receptive to what I have to say about Him.

In addition to that, I would like to give you a little inside scoop on who He REALLY is. I am aware that He has been misrepresented by many. As a result, many misconceptions, preconceived notions, and stereotypical beliefs have been formed about Him. Many are skeptical. Others believe God is a superstition. And still others, believe that the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ is nothing more than a folkloric tale; told from generation to generation. But what if it's not? What if He's real and alive? Sitting at right hand of God, eager to be allowed into your heart? Eager to show you His love, compassion, mercy, and grace? Eager to bring you hope, salvation, and forgiveness? What if these are not just empty words, recited from generation to generation. What if these words are full of life-giving truth?

What then?


Think about it.


Sunday, January 3, 2010

Trust...


Trust. What a fragile concept that is. Trust can be destroyed in less than 30 seconds-either by deception, lies, or betrayal-and yet, it may take a lifetime to be built. While fragile, this five-letter word is an essential building block to a healthy, and long-lasting relationship of any sort. Some, may even consider it the very basis, or foundation of a sound relationship. Nevertheless, many of us may find it very difficult to trust others. Especially nowadays, when the majority of individuals will stop at nothing to get ahead in the game. Even if it means stepping on a few people along the way.

I don't know about you, but I have a slight problem with trusting people. I'm not quite sure of what caused it. Perhaps, I was not properly cared for during infancy, and developed the idea, that this world is unsafe and untrustworthy. At least that's how Erikson's theory of psychosocial development, (Stage 1: Trust vs. Mistrust), would explain my trust issue. Although, I have to say, I do not believe that to be the case. In fact, my mother watched me like a hawk during my infancy, and cared for me like a loving-and even slightly overprotective mother bear-I dare say, cares for her cubs. No, I think the root of the problem lies elsewhere. Maybe it was a result of her constant parental deception during my middle childhood years. But hey, that's just a hunch. Either one or the other.

(P.S.: I love you mom. No, really, I do. No sarcasm here.)


Whatever the case may be, the bottom line is,
I have finally found someone I can genuinely trust. Someone who will never deceive me, or feed me lies. Someone who will always tell me the truth; no matter how much it hurts. And that someone is... yes, you've guessed it: Jesus Christ. And today, as I write the content of this blog post, I choose to believe what Jesus says about me. I choose to believe what God's word says about me. And refuse to believe the lies and accusations of the enemy. By faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God, and by God's grace, I am His adopted child. I'm redeemed, forgiven, and made new. All, of course, through Christ Jesus.

And as a child of God, I shall place my trust in Him, and Him alone.


I shall cling to every word He says;

And every promise given;
For He is my One and Only hope.

But most importantly, I shall cling to Him always.

For every promise must pass the test of time.
And in order to endure such a test, one must cling to the One who made the promise; rather than to the promise itself.

And that's what I intend to do.

And I would encourage you-the reader-from the bottom of my heart, to do the same. Trust me, or better yet, trust Him; you will not be disappointed.

All glory & honor to God.
Forever & Always.

Amen and Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment